How to Influence People: The Most Overlooked Secret
"The secret to how to connect with influential people is simple: Ask them."
So simple, but still we don't practice this very easy secret. The author also suggests the reverse: make yourself accessible to others so they can ask you questions.
Listen, show genuine interest, make someone feel important and smile.
Corporate Soul-diers: Leadership Lessons from Deepak Chopra
Here are some of favourite lessons from this blog:
- Great leaders are storytellers
- Great leaders take time for reflection to ask themselves critical questions
- Great leaders are in touch with their "inner most being"
- Great leaders understand that "presence is being"
- Great leaders embrace compassion and equanimity (I had to Google this word: mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation.)
- Great leaders are responsive to other and emotionally open
Telling a good story is everything And 25 other lessons I learned as GM of Vine
I'm not even going to attempt summarizing this post, as all of it makes for great reading, so grab a coffee/tea and enjoy this post.
That's all folks. Until next week.